Electronic Flyer Approval and Distribution Process
Effective November 1, 2017, Fontana Unified School District will transition to a new electronic form distribution program called Peachjar, transitioning from distributing paper flyers to electronic flyers at school sites. Flyers from community organizations will be distributed through email and posted on school websites. This is part of our ongoing efforts to be more environmentally-friendly by reducing the amount of paper copies.
Community Groups and Outside Organizations
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
All requests for flyer distribution by outside community organizations must first be approved by the District Office. Flyers are distributed electronically on Fridays. In order to be eligible to use the Peachjar system, you must be a local non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)(3) tax ID. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service. Please visit www.peachjar.com for more information.
All flyers to be distributed from an outside organization must:
- Originate from a local non-profit organization with a valid 501 c 3 tax ID;
- Support FUSD's mission and framework for excellence,
- Agree to let Peachjar place the following disclaimer on your flyer (exact wording): This program is not sponsored by the Fontana Unified School District. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
- Directly benefit FUSD students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents;
- Not directly conflict with FUSD programs.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Ensure that your flyer meets the FUSD Flyer Approval requirements above.
- Go to www.peachjar.com
- Register with Peachjar as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Select desired schools
- Upload your flyer to Peachjar for approval
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our FUSD schools, these instructions do not apply.