Almond Elementary School principal Tim McCaffrey and library specialist Kayla Markoff discuss the Fontana Unified school’s commitment to literacy, the Almond mobile library, which brings books directly to the community, and the school’s Reading Revolution competition, which inspires students to become lifelong readers.
Redwood Elementary School principal Eduardo Gomez and Teacher on Special Assignment Isela Ortega discuss the Fontana Unified school’s Spanish dual-language immersion program, the benefits of using a 90/10 Spanish/English model for incoming kindergarten students and importance of parent participation and leadership.
Fontana Unified families were greeted with cheerful holiday decorations and festively dressed volunteers, the melodies of classic holiday music and the smell of fresh Christmas trees as they collected gifts during the District’s 23rd annual Fontana Santas toy distribution.
Fontana Middle School math teacher Yesenia Escobar is continually searching for ways to engage her students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) subjects. On the advice of her teenage niece, Escobar incorporated the popular app Among Us into her lesson plan, using aspects of the multi-player game to introduce students to computer science and coding fundamentals.
Fontana High School has been designated as a Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (MCJROTC) Naval Honor School for the 14th time, recognizing the program’s continued legacy of excellence and success in cultivating young leaders.
Fontana High School English teacher Melissa Rojas understood that when school closures occurred in March many of her graduating seniors would not have the traditional experience for prom and commencement, the two biggest moments of their senior year.
Fontana Unified Seniors Bound for Elite Colleges, Universities on Full-Ride QuestBridge Scholarships
Five Fontana Unified seniors with dreams of helping others and uplifting communities will attend prestigious colleges and universities – such as Yale, Boston College, Northwestern, Scripps and UPenn – funded by full-ride QuestBridge National College Match scholarships.
The Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) honored four recipients from Fontana Unified School District as Region 12 award honorees.
Fontana Unified Film Production Students Recognized for Excellence in 60-second Social Justice Film Spots
Harnessing the power of film and committed to helping the mental health and well-being of their classmates and community, seven Fontana Unified film production students have been recognized for excellence in the Directing Change Film Project.
Four Fontana High School seniors, known for their excellence in the classroom and leadership on campus, have been named QuestBridge National College Match Scholarship finalists.
News & Announcements
- MLK Day of Service
- Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
- Climate and Culture CC Chat Event
- 2019-20 Annual & 5-Year Developer Fees Report
- Notice of Public hearing 2020-2021 School Year
- Parent University
- God's Pantry (Registration Required), Register at https://www.gods-pantry.org/
- Citizen’s Bond Oversight Committee Member Vacancy
- Food Distribution Program (Register at www.gods-pantry.org)
- Retirement Board of Authority Meeting Agenda for 09/03/20
- 2020-2021-Student Meal Service
- Parent Resources
- 2020 Notice of Public Hearing
- 2020 Notice of Public Hearing (Spanish)
- State Preschool Enrollment
- Care Solace
- Free Mental Health Services During COVID19
- Fontana Unified School District Special Education
- Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
- Find out the Benefits of Being a Classified Substitute
- FUSD is Now Accepting Applications for Substitute Teachers
- Seven Steps To Earthquake Safety
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee - Virtual Meeting
5:00 PM - 10:30 PM Special Board Meeting
February 3, 2021
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Regular Board Meeting - Closed Session
6:30 PM - 10:30 PM Regular Board Meeting: Open Session
February 8, 2021