A Message From Our Principal
Dear Hemlock Families,
I am excited to welcome new and returning students and families to the 2019-2020 school year at Hemlock Elementary! Our goal at Hemlock is to ensure the success and growth of every student. Our dedicated staff has been preparing for your student's arrival and are ready to provide your child with a quality education.
Hemlock staff are highly qualified and trained in the implementation of Common Core State Standards, which focus on developing the critical thinking skills necessary to achieve success at Hemlock and beyond. Teachers regularly take opportunities to strengthen their skills through collaboration with colleagues and professional development. As a result, students continue to grow academically, making Hemlock an awesome place to be.
Student achievement is increased when staff and parents work together as partners to support students in the learning process. In order to make sure our students continue to achieve, please encourage your student to maintain positive habits that promote success by:
- Arriving to school on time EVERY day.
- Establishing a daily routine that includes a set time for homework and bedtime.
- Designating a quiet homework area.
- Reading with your child daily and providing opportunities for your child to read out loud to you.
- Keeping informed of your student's progress through Q Parent Connection and regular communication with your student's teacher.
- Check your student's backpack daily for informational handouts.
- Celebrating academic growth and accomplishments.
As Principal, my door is always open and I welcome your input. Please feel free to stop in or give me a call to discuss any concerns, suggestions, or ideas you may have.