Athletic Director's Message
Hello and welcome to Summit SkyHawks Athletics! We have assembled some of the finest, most highly qualified coaches in this area and it shows. Our teams are always the cream of the crop in each sport every year. For the second consecutive year, all 20 of our 20 Varsity teams had a team average, unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher; Boys Tennis took the top spot with a TEAM GPA of 3.65, followed closely by Girls Tennis at 3.59! That is something our school and this entire community can be extremely proud of! We participate in the Arrowhead Athletic Conference, which consists of the Sunkist, San Andreas and Skyline Leagues. Placement in these leagues is based on the CIF model of Competitive Equity for each sport.
2023-2024 CHAMPIONSHIP ALERT!!! TREMENDOUS CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BOYS WATER POLO TEAM, WHO CAPTURED A SAN ANDREAS LEAGUE TITLE! THE BOYS THEN PROCEEDED TO WIN THE DIVISION 6 CIF WATER POLO CHAMPIONSHIP!!! GIRLS VOLLEYBALL, GIRLS TENNIS AND FOOTBALL ALL TOOK SECOND IN THE SUNKIST LEAGUE AND BOYS CROSS COUNTRY TOOK THIRD. ALL MADE THE CIF PLAYOFFS AGAIN! CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SKYHAWKS!!!
Athletic Clearance, ALL SPORTS: Please take your cursor and hover over "Athletics" above, and then click on "Forms". In this section, you will find the two forms, Physical and Medical History forms together, that are necessary to become eligible to play sports here at Summit High School. You can also access these two forms by clicking here. You will also find instructions, a "cheat sheet" if you will, for the eligibility process, and an additional set of instructions for the online portion of the clearance process as well. Those 2 sets of instructions can also be accessed by clicking here and here. You will need to complete all steps on www.athleticclearance.com to complete the clearance process:
1. Start clearance process at www.athleticclearance.com
2. Physical Form: please print the form; a physician must fill it out, sign it, date it, and stamp it; you must upload this form to www.athleticclearance.com.
3. Medical History Form: please fill out, and parent and student sign on the bottom; this form needs to also be uploaded to www.athleticclearance.com.
4. Copy of a Health Insurance card or declaration page: MUST include the student's name! You will need to upload this to www.athleticclearance.com as well.
5. Once completed, you will see a confirmation letter. Download, PRINT and SIGN the confirmation letter and turn it in to the Coach. THIS IS THE ONLY PAPER YOU WILL TURN IN. SAVE EVERYTHING ELSE! Please understand that this confirmation letter does NOT mean that your student is cleared; clearance comes after we have checked everything that has been submitted online.
The Athletics Office and the Receptionist at the front desk have printed copies of all of our forms if you need them, and so do many of our coaches. All of this must be completed EVERY YEAR that your student wants to participate in Athletics here at Summit BEFORE he/she can participate in any way.
I look forward to working with your son/daughter in whatever sport he/she wants to participate in. If you have any questions or run into any roadblocks that you think I may be able to help you with, please do not hesitate to email me at PeteRA@fusd.net. For results and updates, follow me on Twitter @SummitSports2. Thank you for your interest in Summit SkyHawks Sports! GO SKYHAWKS!!!
Rob Peterson, M.A., Ed.
Athletic Director PeteRA@fusd.net 909-357-5950 x 15151
Participation in Athletics
The following are the requirements for FUSD's Participation in Athletics. No athlete will be permitted to participate unless ALL requirements are fulfilled.
1. All athletes must be cleared by the Athletic Director before any participation. All paperwork (physical, medical history and copy of insurance card) must be uploaded and submitted to the online clearance website (www.athleticclearance.com) AND the online clearance must be completed and submitted. All athletes must maintain a 2.0 GPA at all times. All necessary forms are available here.
2. All athletes and at least one parent MUST attend a sport-specific Parent Meeting organized by the Head Coach. Please make sure you contact the Head Coach of the sport you are interested in and find out when your meeting is. Please do this ASAP. Contact information for our Head Coaches can be found here.
3. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS FOR ANY REASON IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID-19-LIKE SYMPTOMS OR ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS, NO MATTER HOW MINOR!!!
4. Each athlete and his/her parent must read and sign a FUSD COVID-19 Release of Liability Waiver. That waiver is part of the Online Clearance process.
5. ALL PARTICIPANTS will be ENCOURAGED to bring their own water in their own water bottle. Refills will be available.
6. ONLY STUDENT ATHLETES are allowed on campus for practices... no parents, family members, friends, etc. Rides must remain in the parking lot.
7. Any athlete not compliant with ALL of the guidelines will not be welcome to participate. Athletics is a voluntary activity and, in order to make it safe and enjoyable for EVERYONE, no one will be allowed to ignore or circumvent any of the protocols put in place by the Fontana Unified School District and/or CIF.
8. Game Spectators: All spectators are reminded that Summit High School adheres to the highest standards of sportsmanship. Positive cheering is encouraged at all times; negative comments directed at athletes, coaches and officials are never tolerated and could result in removal from the premises. As the saying goes, "Let the coaches coach, let the officials officiate and let the children play!"
The Fontana Unified School District prohibits discrimination, intimidation, harassment (including sexual harassment), or bullying based on a person’s actual or perceived ancestry, color, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. For questions or complaints, contact Equity Compliance Officer: Craig Baker, Associate Superintendent, Student Services at 9680 Citrus Avenue, Fontana CA 92335 (909) 357-5000 extension 29194 TitleIX@fusd.net ;Title IX Coordinator: Caroline Labonte, Director, Certificated Human Resources, at 9680 Citrus Avenue, Fontana CA 92335 (909) 357-5000 extension 29045 TitleIX@fusd.net; and 504 Coordinator: Troy Cox, Coordinator, Alternative Education, at 9680 Citrus Avenue, Fontana, CA 92335 (909) 357-5000, extension 29077 504Coordinator@fusd.net.
3:15 PM Boys Soccer @ Moreno Valley
3:15 PM Girls Water Polo vs. Liberty
3:30 PM Girls Water Polo @ Jurupa Valley
4:00 PM Boys Soccer @ Colton
10:00 AM Girls Soccer @ Heritage Tournament
SAFETY PROTOCOLS for Football Games
FUSD has instituted new Spectator Safety Protocols for all home Football games. Please read this document to be prepared. Leave some extra time too... it will take longer to get through the gate with these protocols in place. Thank you for your support!
BECOME AN OFFICIAL!!!
Got any plans for after you graduate? Or, are you a parent and/or former athlete looking to earn some extra money? The Inland Empire Officials Associations are looking for officials, ALL SPORTS!!! Please see this flyer for more information and to sign up. Up to $35 per hour!
COACH CONTACT INFORMATION
Our coaches are here for you and your student athletes! Should you need to contact any of our Head Coaches, click on the link at the end of this announcement. You will find the Head Coach for each sport, their email address, and their 5-digit extension to their classroom if they are a teacher here. Please keep in mind that they will not be able to answer the phone during the school day. Email is always best! Click here for a contact list for our Head Coaches.
Would you like to know everything you need to know about being an athlete, or parent of an athlete, at Summit High School? Click here to read our Athletic Handbook. If you still have any questions, please email Mr. Peterson, the Athletic Director and he would be glad to help!
In our effort to increase efficiency at the gate for all athletic events, Summit High School is transitioning to digital ticketing through GoFan. There will be NO CASH SALES for our sporting events moving forward. ALL CIF Playoff events will be cashless as well. Summit has a specific page on the GoFan website where all available games will be listed. Click here to check it out and purchase tickets!
All tickets for ALL CIF Playoff games are now digital, through GoFan. QR Codes will be available at the gate and given to student athletes before each playoff contest. Avoid the line at the gate! Buy your tickets in advance! There will be NO CASH for any CIF Playoff event. Click here to purchase tickets!
Summit SkyHawks Sports History
Summit High School opened its doors for the first time for the 2006-2007 school year with Sophomores and Freshmen. This is the history of Summit Sports Programs by season… League Championships, CIF results, and State results:
Football: League Champions 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2021
CIF Semifinalist 2015
CIF Finalist 2010
CIF Champions 2011
Girls Volleyball: League Champions 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
CIF Semifinalist 2014
CIF Finalist 2015
Girls Cross Country: League Champions 2013
Boys Cross Country:
Boys Water Polo: League Champions 2018, 2023
CIF Champions 2023
Girls Tennis: League Champions 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Boys Basketball: League Champions 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2022
CIF Semifinalist 2010, 2011, 2020
State Quarterfinalist 2010
State Finalist 2011
Girls Basketball: League Champions 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022
CIF Semifinalist 2009
CIF Finalist 2008, 2010
CIF Champions 2012
State Quarterfinalist 2008
State Semifinalist 2010, 2012
Boys Soccer: League Champions 2016, 2019, 2022
Girls Soccer: League Champions 2009, 2011, 2021
Girls Water Polo:
Cheer: CIF Champions 2019, 2022, 2023
CIF State Regional Champions 2022
USA National Champions 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
UCA National Champions 2020
Baseball: League Champions 2019
CIF Semifinalist 2019
Softball: League Champions 2009, 2010
Boys Tennis: League Champions 2013, 2014, 2016, 2022
Girls Swimming: League Champions 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2022
Individual CIF Champion 2021, 2022 (100m Backstroke -- Chelsea Fascio)
Boys Swimming: League Champions 2019, 2022, 2023
Individual State Finalist 2019 (50m Freestyle -- Austin Sparks)
Boys Track: League Champions 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2023
Individual State Finalist 2010, 2011
Girls Track: League Champions 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2023
Boys Volleyball: League Champions 2010, 2011, 2023