Ted J. Porter School Schedule
Student Acceptable Use Agreement and Annual Parent Notification
In preparation for the 2021-2022 school year, the district is required to update the Student Acceptable Use Agreement and Annual Parent Information documents. This year the process has been moved online and you can now submit these via Q Parent Connection.
Back to School Night
August 26, 2021
Porter will be a school site that successfully demonstrates research
proven instructional strategies to engage and support student learning.
This objective will be met through collective teacher efficacy/collaboration,
consistent classroom observations and evidence-based feedback. The
following are some examples and observable behaviors of what a Porter
classroom looks like:
• Inclusive seating arrangements.
• Collaborative student atmosphere.
• Explicit direct instruction during whole and small-group learning.
• Print rich environment-Rubrics and points of reference for students
• Provide opportunities for students to think about, discuss, and
• Engage all students in a variety of learning experiences that
accommodate the different ways students learn.
• Promote fairness, equity, and respect that values all individuals and
• Build on students’ life experiences, prior knowledge, and interests
to make subject matter relevant and meaningful to students.
• Ensure that goals for student learning promotes critical thinking
and problem solving.
• Establish learning goals that are set for individual students and /or
groups of students.