Almeria Programs and Activities
Almeria's Programs and Clubs
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year. While this is not the opening that any of us anticipated, please rest assured that during this time of social distancing, our goal is to ensure that each of our Dolphin Scholars continues to have access to high-quality curriculum and assignments. At Almeria, as at all schools within the Fontana Unified School District, will continue to deliver instruction through a virtual learning environment using Microsoft Teams as our main platform. We know that your support is crucial in ensuring the success of our efforts. We thank you in advance for your time and commitment during these unprecedented times. Please take a moment to review the below points and talk with your child about the importance of continuing their education during this time.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM ALMERIA?
- Students will receive core instruction (ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies) via Microsoft Teams. In addition, students will receive Physical Education and Elective courses as well.
- Teachers will meet each week to plan together to ensure optimal learning experiences for their students. Teachers will post assignments and relevant supplemental materials to support student learning regularly.
- Teachers are available daily to monitor and respond to student emails. An “Ask the Teacher” channel has been created under each teacher’s class team.
- All of our support staff are ready and available to help. Please contact us if you should have any questions. Important information will be posted on our website. Please go to: fusd.net/Almeria for updates.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT?
- Students should log in daily via Microsoft Teams. Students can click on the Calendar tab to join their classes. Attendance is taken within the first 10 minutes of the class, so it is important for students to be on time. Attendance counts!
- Students will need to complete all required assignments and submit these as directed by their teacher. Grades count!
- Students should use the “Ask the Teacher” Teams channel or email their teacher if they have any questions.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
- Ensure that your child is logging in and attending their classes daily.
- Ensure that your child is completing all required assignments and submitting these to their teacher in a timely manner. Parents can view assignments and grades using the Q Parent Connection Portal. If you do not have a Q Account, we’ll be happy to help you set one up. Call us at: 357-5350 for assistance.
- Encourage your child to reach out to their teacher if they have any questions, concerns or need extra help.
Thank you again for partnering with us during these unusual times! I always believe that there are positive lessons even in difficult circumstances. I believe that we will be stronger when we come out on the other side of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
We all look forward to the time when we can physically be all together again. Until then, please reach out to us if you need any support. We continue to be here to serve.
Stay Safe 😊 Stay Strong 😊 Stay Healthy 😊