Redwood Super Readers!
This is a difficult time in our nation and community. Although there are many challenges that we are facing right now, I hope that you and your children feel supported and successful with our distance learning plan. I am looking forward to the day that we can all be together again at school.
Our students will continue to access distance learning through Microsoft TEAMS online. Rest assure that our teachers are working very hard to deliver high-quality Instruction and assignments while we are away from the building.
This year, students at Redwood will continue to be challenged academically, and they will learn like never before as they prepare for their college path.
We have three focus areas at Redwood:
- College going Culture
- Building Positive Character
- Love of Reading. Please support our vision with these three areas.
Redwood's Core Beliefs:
- All Students Can Learn! All Redwood Eagles Will Be Prepared To Go To College…No Excuses!
- Active Parent Engagement is Key to Student Success!
- Failure, Negativity, and Deficit Thinking are Not Acceptable!
- Teachers and Staff Lovingly Serve All Students!
- Effective Direct Instruction is the First Line of Prevention!
- Assessment Data will drive the Instruction.
We must work together to ensure ALL our children have excellent attendance, develop strong study
habits, and a laser-like focus on learning. These characteristics and strong study habits will prepare
them to succeed in college and beyond. We ask that you continue to be an active participant in your
children’s education as Redwood will continue to have an engaged parent base through our PTA, ELAC,
Coffee with the Principal, and School Site Council.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we learn together to do school differently. Our office is available during school hours, and you can contact us via email and phone to take your questions and provide assistance. Although this is not the school we wish we had, I am happy that teaching and learning will go on for students.