I am excited to have the opportunity to be part of the journey with you and your student towards their future success. We are excited to begin another exceptional year as our staff is prepared to promote student learning throughout our grade levels and courses. Alder students performed exceptionally well in the April administration of our State test (SBAC) and we are confident that our students will achieve great things this school year.
Parental involvement is extremely important, and we encourage our parents to make their student's education a priority by implementing the following strategies:
- Ensure your student attends school every single school day. If your student is on campus, we will be able to teach her/him.
- Keep up with your student's academic progress through Parent Q Connect (https://sis.fusd.net/ParentPortal). Parent Q Connect allows parents to view their student's grades, attendance, and behavior. Parents should log on daily and address any identified
- concerns with their student and our staff as soon as possible. If you do not have a Parent connect log in, please contact our community outreach liaison at (909) 357-5330 Ext. 30246.
- Ensure your student arrives on campus on time. The school gates open at 7:00 am daily. Students who arrive prior to 7:00 am can wait in front of the school where our office staff and three surveillance cameras can monitor them.
- Ensure your student eats a healthy breakfast and lunch every morning. Free breakfast is served every morning (7:00 am-7:25 am) in our cafeteria. Free lunch is also served during your student's schedule lunch break.
Once again, I am looking forward a new year with our Falcon family and as always, I welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement from all stakeholders in an effort to better serve our students.
Dr. Moises M. Merlos
Principal, Alder Middle School
(909) 357-5330 ext. 30117