Welcome Kathy Binks Families,
My name is Lorena Huizar-Rodriguez, and I am the proud principal of Kathy Binks Elementary.
I am excited to welcome all our “Koalas” to the 2022-2023 school year. Please take the time to read this letter to familiarize yourself with a few informational items.
• You will be able to log into your Q Parent Connection and view your child’s class assignment beginning August 1st
• Our first day of school is Wednesday, August 3rd. Parents are welcome to walk their child to class on the first day. This is also a minimum day.
• If you have not done so, please be sure to complete the annual parent notifications on Q Parent Connection so that your child will have access to technology on day 1.
• Student Drop off will be in front of the school and in the south lot. Students will enter through the cafeteria doors each morning. We kindly ask that parents remain in their car. When driving through, we ask that you pull all the way forward to maintain a steady flow of traffic. Also, for safety purposes, please have student(s) exit from the right side of the vehicle.
• If a student arrives after 7:45, they will enter through the front office and receive a tardy slip.
• Breakfast is available to all students 7:25-7:45 am. Only students eating breakfast will be allowed to enter school at 7:25. Breakfast and lunch are free to all KB students. There is NO supervision prior to 7:25.
• Students not eating breakfast may arrive at 7:30.
• Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle. We have two water bottle refill stations. Please write your child’s name on their bottle.
• Every Wednesday is minimum day with dismissal at 11:50.
• Students are not required to wear a mask but may choose to do so.
• If a student is feeling ill: fever, vomiting, cough diarrhea, loss of smell, etc. please keep the student home, and inform our office staff.
• *Student pick up is as follows:
o For grades K-dismissal through the Kinder gates (by the bike rack)
o For grades 1-2 dismissal through the gates in front of the office
o For grades 3-4 dismissal through the MPR doors
o For grade 5 -student(s) will meet parent/guardian on the grass area in front of MPR
*Subject to change on inclement weather days
• Please be sure to download the Parent Square app. This is how your child’s teacher, the school, and the school district will communicate general information with you. You may have received an email from Q Connection asking you to subscribe to Parent Square. Please download the application.
For additional information about our school, you can visit our website at https://www.fusd.net/binks or call our office at 909-357-5030.
I look forward to a successful school year and I thank you in advance for your support.