Athletics Director's Message
Start of the 2021-2022 School Year:
We are looking forward to welcoming students safely back to campus and to our sports venues for Miller Athletics! The pandemic has presented many challenges to overcome since last year; while we continue to navigate a safe return to school and sports, we must continue to implement safety protocols. COVID-19 testing is MANDATORY for student-athletes at this time, but please be prepared to go back to weekly mandatory testing should local health guidelines or orders change. The school district has set up a testing site at the District Office near the Enrollment Center at no cost to the students. Please call Student Services at 909-357-5000 ex. 29194 with any questions.
In order to be cleared to participate in any AB Miller sports, student athletes must complete a registration process Athletic Clearance and be cleared by the Athletic Department.
Steps for Getting Cleared:
1. Go to https://www.athleticclearance.com/index.php to register for the clearance program and click "Start Clearances Here!"
- General Info
- Returning student athletes: please log in using the same username/email and password that you had in the past and update any information as needed.
- New student athletes: Click "Start Clearance Here" button to begin. You will choose the 2021-2022 school year, and scroll down to choose "MILLER, AB" for the school.
- Complete all sections and upload necessary documents
- A sports physical done by an MD, DO, or PA-C will be uploaded to the "Physical Forms" (if your physical has more than 3 pages, please upload the extra document to "Additional Forms").
- Upload a copy of your health insurance card/proof of health insurance to the "Insurance Card" section (please make sure that the student athlete's name is listed on the proof of health insurance).
2. You will receive a confirmation email from the Athletic Department to let you know that you are cleared!
- You may not participate in try-outs, practice, or competitions without receiving a confirmation email stating that you are cleared.
- Please contact either Mr. Omar firstname.lastname@example.org and Mrs. Curayag at Curakl@fusd.net with any questions!
Fontana A.B. Miller High School is one of six member schools that comprise the Mountain Valley League.
Miller fields teams in 20 boys', girls' and co-educational sports at two to three different levels (Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman).
To participate in a team, each student athlete is required to maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average. To help our student athletes make the academic grades necessary, A.B. Miller runs an academic accountability program for its student athletes. The staff member who developed and oversees the program is responsible for tracking grades, making parent contact, tutoring, and serving as a liaison between student athletes, teachers, and parents.
- General Info
Mr. Jeff Omar
Phone: 909-357-5800 ext 10114
Mrs. Kimber Curayag
Phone: 909-357-5800 ext 10104
Phone: 909-357-5800 ext 10613