Uniform Complaint (UPC)
A Uniform Complaint alleges a violation of federal or state laws governing educational programs, including allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, bullying, and failure to comply with laws relating to pupil fees. All concerns should first be brought to the attention of the direct parties and the appropriate supervisor following the General Complaint Procedure.
If you are unsure if your issue fits this category, a General Complaint is an appropriate starting point and it can be moved to either the Williams or Uniform category as needed.
- Within 5 working days of conclusion of General Complaint procedure, complainant requests Uniform Complaint Procedure (UCP) form, completes it and files with Superintendent
- Within 10 working days of receipt of UCP Complaint, UCP Coordinator will:
- Obtain written statements from employee(s) regarding concern
- Issue written statement to complainant and employee(s) of investigation, conclusion, actions taken to resolve
- Advise complainant of appeal process
- Complainant has 5 working days from receipt of decision to submit written appeal to Superintendent/Designee
- Complainant may file written appeal to Board of Education within 5 working days of receipt of District decision
- The Complainant may appeal to the Department of Education within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the Board decision
LINKS TO UCP FORMS*: