Video IB Middle Years Program
IB MYP Coordinator
Phone: 909-357-6300, extension 16204
Location: Admin, 2nd Floor, Counseling Office
What is MYP?
Parents who want the best possible education for their children choose the MYP because it includes:
- inclusive framework adaptable to ALL students
- rigorous learning objectives
- a student-centered approach to teaching
- international perspectives
- concern for the whole child
- a focus on learning how to learn
- the application of knowledge in complex, unfamiliar situations.
- Language Arts, mathematics, visual and performing arts, sciences, history, foreign language, and design
- interest-based personal projects
- The MYP teaches tools for lifelong learning and fosters responsible attitudes that help students discover how to use what they learn to take principled action. The MYP's focus on independent learning makes it the ideal preparation for the IB Diploma Programme (DP).
What is the personal project?
The personal project develops your personal interests whether that interest is in art, music, literature, invention, design, fashion, cinematography, cooking, sports, etc. The personal project is your chance to showcase the talents and skills you have developed in the MYP through the subjects you have studied and Approaches to Learning. This project can be on any topic, and should be based on your interests and talents, resulting in a product or outcome. The project begins in a student's freshman year and culminates in his/her sophomore year.