Use of Facilities
Fontana Unified School District is pleased to announce a new online facility request and rental system designed to provide a positive user experience for all. With the new system, reservation requests can be submitted easily and will be handled more efficiently. Renters will be able to access photos and descriptions, see real-time availability, get estimated quotes and pay online.
In partnering with Facilitron, Fontana Unified School District has launched custom facility use sites for the district and each school - allowing facility use requests to be submitted at any time. You can view and request all district facilities at Facilitron. Although the process of requesting/approval/management of facility use is now digital, what's implemented on Facilitron remains the same as dictated by Fontana Unified School District's board policies on facility use. The district's administrative staff makes final decisions on all facility use requests.
Facilitron will assist with the set-up of organization and user accounts along with verification of non-profit status (if applicable). Facilitron will also collect payment and proof of insurance (certificate of insurance) on Fontana Unified School District's behalf. Payments can be submitted conveniently on Facilitron. Payment options include major credit cards, checks, ACH/eCheck, and Paypal. Proof of insurance (certificate of insurance) can also be conveniently uploaded into the system, and/or it can be obtained directly through Facilitron.
All outside organizations are required to provide a copy of their Certificate of Liability insurance for not less than $1,000,000, showing FUSD as an additional insured with appropriate endorsement before using any facility.
School Site Functions:
- Schools must submit a request through Facilitron for a school event if the event takes place after school hours, in the evening, or on weekends.
- When a school site submits a request for a school event after school hours, lighting, heating, and air conditioning needs must be taken into consideration and an HVAC request should be submitted when necessary.
- If an event requires the services of Maintenance and Operations (i.e., additional chairs, tables, etc.), an M & O Request must be completed and forwarded to Maintenance and Operations for their approval.
- The new Facilitron system is now live for all sites. Moving forward, the only way to request l\ use of a district facility is by creating a Facilitron account and submitting a request online. If you need any assistance setting up an account and/or in submitting a facility use request, you can contact Facilitron directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling them at: 800-272-2962 ext 1.
The primary purpose of district facilities is to be used for school programs and activities. However, the district does allow for the use of school facilities by community groups for purposes provided for in the Civic Center Act when they do not interfere with school activities. School buildings and grounds can be used for the following purposes:
- Public, literary, scientific, recreational, educational, or public agency meetings.
- The discussion of matters of general or public interest.
- The conduct of religious services for temporary periods on a one-time or renewable basis by any church or religious organization.
- Child care or day care programs to provide supervision and activities for children of preschool and elementary school age.
- The administration of examinations for the selection of personnel or the instruction of precinct Board members by public agencies.
- Supervised recreational activities.
- Mass care and welfare shelters during disasters or other emergencies affecting the public health and welfare.