Certificated Substitute Teacher Hiring
Substitute Teacher Rate of Pay
- $200 for Substitute Teachers with 30-Day Sub Permit or $100/half day
- $220 for Substitute Teachers with a CA Teaching Credential or $110/half day
- $220 for Resident Substitute Teachers, FUSD Contract Teachers & Retirees or 110/half day
FUSD is Now Accepting Applications for Substitute Teachers for 2022-23 school year
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be a Substitute Teacher:
- Hold a CA Teaching Credential or 30-Day Substitute Teacher Permit
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- Passage of SB 1397 has temporarily waived the Basic Skills Requirement from January 1, 2023, to July 1, 2024. Basic skills proficiency will once again be required for the initial issuance of the Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit after July 1, 2024. )
To apply for a Substitute Teacher position, please visit EdJoin at edjoin.org
Once your application is reviewed, one of our People Services Technicians will email you information to begin the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in working for Fontana Unified School District.
If you have any questions, contact People Services at (909) 357-5000 ext. 29035.