Certificated Substitute Teacher Hiring
Substitute Teacher Rate of Pay
- $130 for Day-to-Day Substitute Teachers (Holds 30-Day Sub Permit)
- $140 for Day-to-Day Substitute Teachers (Holds Full Credential)
- $200 for Long-Term Retiree Substitutes (Teachers, Counselors, Nurses) Beginning with the 21st Day
- $140 for Resident Substitute Teachers, FUSD Contract Teachers and FUSD Retirees
FUSD is Now Accepting Applications for Substitute Teachers for 2020-21 school year
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be a Substitute Teacher:
- Hold or be eligible for a CA Teaching Credential or a 30-Day Substitute Teacher Permit
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university/college.
- Passage of a Basic Skills Exam (CBEST, etc.)
If you meet these requirements and would like to apply for a Substitute Teacher position, please visit Ed-Join at edjoin.org or click on the link below:
Once your application is reviewed, one of our HR Technicians will email you information to begin the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher for the Fontana Unified School District. If you have any questions, contact Certificated Human Resources at (909) 357-5000 Ext. 29035.