One-to-One Student Laptop Information
In order for students to access their student laptop and use district approved programs, they must have the following forms completed annually.
- Student Acceptable Use Agreement (SAUA) & Laptop Form (provides an active computer login)
- Annual Parent Notification (provides access to online programs in ClassLink)
Visit the Laptop Support page on the district website for more information about the forms as well as other resources.
If you are new to the district, your computer login will be the following:
Username: student ID#
Password: 8-digit birthday lowercase 1st initial (ex. First name: Kaiser, Birthday: August 1, 2007 will be entered as 08012007k)
If you attended a school in the FUSD district, your login will be the following:
Username: student ID#
Password: student-created password (computer login password)
How do I reset my computer password if I forget it?
You can ask any teacher on your schedule to reset your computer password. You can also ask one of the school librarians to reset your password before school, during lunch or right after school. Once reset, your temporary password will be your 8-digit birthday (2 digit month, 2 digit day, 4 digit year) and lowercase 1st initial; ex. 09042006k. After that, you will be prompted to create a new password.
Kaiser Cats! Please be sure to follow these daily tips to ensure that your laptops work properly. You can visit the laptop troubleshooting page for more tips.
- Restart your laptop at least 3 times a day (this is not the same as shutting it down)
- Shut down your laptop at the end of each school day
- If you experience problems with one or two programs, try signing in under "other" on the logon screen.
- If you are having issues with the Teams application, try signing out of Teams and signing back in.
- If your Teams application disappears from your desktop re-install the application through ClassLink.
- Be sure you have the Student Acceptable Use Agreement (SAUA) and Annual Parent Notification updated each year for the current school year.
If you continue to experience issues with a program or have connectivity problems, you can exchange your laptop at the library. Library hours are from 7:45 AM - 4:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesday library hours are from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Laptop Repair Process
- Student takes non-working laptop to school library.
- Student completes help ticket describing laptop issues.
- Student is issued another working laptop. (Note: Any laptop that is turned in for repair will not be reissued to the same student.)
- FUSD Repair Depot troubleshoots the laptop. If the laptop is repaired under warranty, no fee will be assessed to student. If the repair is not covered under warranty, then the student will be charged a fee of up to $50 per incident. Includes but not limited to: broken screen, missing keys, liquid damage, graffiti removal (including unauthorized stickers).
It is extremely important that students save their documents and files in their OneDrive. This will allow them to have access to those items on the new computer they check out.
Laptop Accessory Fines:
- Laptop Charger- $35.00
- Laptop Repair Fine Chart
Visit the Technology Support Resources / Lost, Damage, and/or Theft (fusd.net) for more information.