Southridge Tech is a Microsoft Showcase School
Microsoft Showcase Schools are a global community of schools engaged in innovative change to improve teaching and learning. With the support and guidance of Microsoft, we create immersive and inclusive experiences that inspire lifelong learning, stimulating development of essential life skills so students are empowered to achieve more. We emphasize personalized learning for their students through the use of 1:1 and 1:many learning devices with current technology such as Windows devices, Azure, Office 365, OneNote, Minecraft: Education Edition, and more! Come check us out!!!
IB Middle Years Programme School
Southridge Tech Middle School is an International Baccalaureate World School for the Middle Years Programme. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
Advancement via Individual Determination (AVID)
Southridge Tech Middle School staff participates in an array of professional development,which is aligned with AVID strategies and Microsoft Technologies. We employ school-wide AVID strategies and practices to transform our Instruction, Systems, Leadership, and Culture of a school. All students belong to a college team in which they attend college and career field trips to inspire and motivate students. Our students are given opportunities to learn about and utilize the research-based Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading (WICOR) strategies in the classroom to help prepare them for high school and college.
Positive Behavior Intervention Support
We were recently recognized as a Gold level PBiS school! The goal of PBIS is to create a positive school culture, in which students learn and grow. Therefore, we continuely work to develop our Tier I, II and/or III systems of support through a data-based problem-solving process within existing team structures.
Southridge Tech Middle School inspires innovation, independence, and excellence to thrive in an ever-changing competitive world.
To develop innovative, independent, and excellent citizens who thrive in an ever-changing competitive world, Southridge Tech Middle School will:
- Develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- Prepare ALL students to be college and career-ready to succeed in a global society.
- Instill 21st Century skills through rich curricula and real-life experiences.
- Build partnerships with families, businesses, and higher education.
Southridge Tech Middle School
News and Announcements
- Are you interested in competing in the FUSD Film Festival? Click here for more info.
- School Site Council Meeting February 21st @ 2:45PM Agenda English / Spanish / Minutes from January // Click here to join the meeting
Please join us on Friday, January 27, 2023, from 5-6:30 pm for an International Celebration. We will have performances by our STMS students, Noelani's Hula Polynesian dancers and Tir Ruaidh Irish dancing.
- School Site Council Meeting January 31st 2:45PM Agenda / Minutes from December Meeting
Click here to join the meeting
- Ceramic Workshop for Students February 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 23rd from 2:45-4:00. See flyer for details
- Join us Friday, November 4th, from 4:30-7pm at our Dia de Los Muertos celebration. We will be having performances by STMS cheer, choir, dance team, FOHI Folklorico, mariachi, Tepellyoti Danza and more!
- School Site Council Meeting October 20, 2022 2:30 PM Agenda English / Spanish
- School Site Council September 27, 2022 2:45 PM Agenda English / Spanish
- STMS Parent Newsletter for September
- MTSS Brave Parent Workshops
- Parents fill out 2022-2023 Annual Update for Student Acceptable Use of Agreement and Parent Notification. Click here for more information Video Tutorial English / Spanish