Fontana High School strives for our diploma to represent completion of broad and rigorous courses of study that prepares students for success after high school. We use specific criteria to determine if students are "Prepared" for college and/or career.
9-12 Minimum Credits Required to be on Track
- 9th Grade: 60 credits
- 10th Grade: 120 credits
- 11th Grade: 180 credits
- 12th Grade: 230 credits
Required for Graduation
- Meet all FUSD subject matter requirements listed above
- Earn a minimum of 230 credits
- Completion of a 2-year Career Technical Pathway, a 2 year ROTC sequence, Pass 2 Advanced Placement exams, receive the State Seal of Biliteracy, or receive College Course credits.
Progress Reports and Report Cards
Progress reports are issued mid-quarter
Quarter grades are reported mid-semester
Semester grades, which are permanent and recorded onto the transcripts, are reported in December and May
Parents please sign up for Q Parent Connect and monitor the progress of your child's grades. For assistance in setting up your Parent account, please see Ms. Myra in the front office.
Deficient in Credits
- See your Counselor to create a plan for credit recovery
- See your Counselor to update your 4 year plan
Other Routes to Finishing School
- Transfer to Citrus Continuation High School
- 18 year olds, who are not on track with grades, attendance or behavior may be dropped and encouraged to enroll in Adult Education
Additional Important Information
- Graduation is a privilege. Education Code 44811 gives administration the authority to withhold graduation ceremony from any scholar