Assembly Bill AB 104 Information

  • Dear Parents and Guardians,

    California recently passed Assembly Bill-104 (AB-104) to provide options for students to counteract and negate the academic impact the pandemic had on their grades. AB-104 allows parents/guardians to apply to have their child’s grade(s) earned during the 2020-2021 school year changed to Pass/No pass.

    It is important to note that some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a “PASS” or “NO PASS” grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes. Per statue, the California State University system is required to accept for admission purposes, and without prejudice, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for any coursework for an applicant who was enrolled in a high school in the state during the 2020-2021 school year.

    The California Department of Education has released a list of postsecondary institutions that will accept pass and no pass grades (enclosed). This list is also available on our district website.

    If you would like to apply to have your child’s grade(s) earned during the 2020-21 school year changed to a Pass or No Pass, please complete the enclosed application, and submit it to your school’s administration by the end of the day on September 15, 2021.  Any application submitted after this date will not be accepted pursuant to EC 49066.5 (Section 2)(g).  If you have any questions, please contact your school’s administration.


    Monica Makiewicz, Ph.D.

    Assistant Superintendent, Teaching and Learning

English Forms

Formularios en español

  • For next steps, please contact your site administrative team, or the Secondary Instruction  (909) 357-5000, ext. 29572