2018 FUSD Classified Employee of the Year
FUSD in conjunction with the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools participated in the CA Department of Education’s 2018 Classified School Employee of the Year program. All nominations submitted were reviewed and the following employees were selected as the winners in their respective category:
- Deborah Leon, Kitchen Operator - Child Nutrition
- Heather Castillo, Senior Secretary I - Office & Technical
- Myra Gallegos, School Outreach Liaison - Support Services
- Matt Kolvas, Senior Custodian - Maintenance & Operations
- Maria Copak, District Library Specialist - Para-Educator & Instructional Assistance
Each of the above category winners will be recognized at the April 18th Board meeting and is a finalist for the Fontana Unified School District 2018 Classified Employee of the Year and that winner will also be announced at that meeting. Congratulations to each of the above winners for your exemplary dedication and service to our students, parents and staff!
Additionally, the nominations for each category winner were forwarded to the County for further consideration at the County and State level of the program and last week it was announced that Deborah Leon, Kitchen Operator, was selected as the County winner in the Child Nutrition category! Deborah’s nomination will now be forwarded to the CA Dept. of Education for consideration at the State level of the competition! Congratulations Deborah!