Fontana Unified School District is now accepting applications for the position of:
Certificated Substitute Teacher.
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements to be eligible for Substitute Teacher
- Hold CA Teaching Credential or 30-Day Substitute Teacher
- Hold Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college/university (Degree must be posted)
AND Passage of a Basic Skills Exam (CBEST, etc.)
If you meet these requirements and would like to apply for a Substitute Teacher position, please follow the procedures listed below:
- Call Certificated Human Resources to be scheduled for a "New Substitute Teacher Orientation Meeting” -- (909) 357-5000, ext. 29035.
- You will be asked for your name and other information. You will be given a date and time to attend a New Substitute Teacher Orientation Meeting.
- Prior to the date of your meeting, you will need to come to Certificated Human Resources, Building 4, at the District Office, located at 9680 Citrus Avenue, to pick-up a Substitute Teacher
Application and Packet.
- Please read the information in the Substitute Packet and fill out the appropriate forms before attending the meeting. Bring the completed Substitute Teacher Application and Substitute Packet to your scheduled New Substitute Teacher Orientation Meeting.
- One of our Personnel Technicians will contact you prior to the meeting to confirm your attendance and to review additional requirements, if necessary. Confirmation is mandatory.
On the day of the New Substitute Teacher Orientation Meeting, the certificated personnel technicians will meet with you to go over your paperwork and begin the hiring process.
If you have any questions, contact Certificated Human Resources at (909) 357-5000, ext.29035.