Athletic Director's Message
Hello and welcome to Summit SkyHawks Athletics! We have assembled some of the finest, most highly qualified coaches in this area and it shows... our teams are consistently the cream of the crop in every sport, every year. Also, in 2021-2022, all 20 of our 20 Varsity teams had a team average, unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher, with Girls Tennis taking the top spot with a TEAM GPA of 3.71!!! That is something our entire school and all of its stakeholders can be extremely proud of! We participate in the Arrowhead Athletic Conference, which consists of the Sunkist, San Andreas and Skyline Leagues. Placement in these leagues for our teams is based on the CIF model of Competitive Equity.
See below for contact information for Head Coaches for all of our sports.
CHAMPIONSHIP ALERT!!! GIRLS VOLLEYBALL AND FOOTBALL WON LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS FALL, WITH GIRLS TENNIS AND BOYS CROSS COUNTRY COMING IN A CLOSE 2ND IN THEIRS! IN WINTER, BOYS BASKETBALL, GIRLS BASKETBALL AND BOYS SOCCER ALL WON LEAGUE TITLES, WITH GIRLS WATER POLO COMING IN A VERY CLOSE SECOND! ROUNDING OUT THE YEAR, OUR BOYS TENNIS TEAM AND BOYS AND GIRLS SWIM TEAM WERE ALL UNDEFEATED LEAGUE CHAMPIONS THIS SPRING, WITH BASEBALL AND BOYS VOLLEYBALL COMING IN A CLOSE 2ND! LET'S ALSO NOT FORGET OUR TRADITIONAL COMPETITIVE CHEER SQUAD, WHO BROUGHT HOME A CIF CHAMPIONSHIP AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, SUMMIT HIGH SCHOOL WAS AWARDED THE CITRUS BELT AREA ATHLETIC DIRECTOR ASSOCIATION'S HIGHEST HONOR, THE CBAADA SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD. CONGRATULATIONS SKYHAWKS!!!
COVID-19 has had a big impact on Athletics starting in March of 2020, and is continuing to do so. There are schedule changes all the time as teams work with COVID exposures, and we are scrambling to keep caught up with these changes. Also, there are many protocols that must be followed now for any participation in athletics. Please see details below... there are many requirements above and beyond the norm still because of COVID-19, all formulated to ensure the health and safety of our athletes and their families, even for spectators.
Athletic Clearance, ALL SPORTS: Please take your cursor and hover over "Athletics" above, and then click on "Forms". In this section, you will find all of the forms that are necessary to become eligible to play sports here at Summit High School. You can also access the forms by clicking here. You will also find instructions, a "cheat sheet" if you will, for the eligibility process, and an additional set of instructions for the online clearance process as well. Those 2 sets of instructions can also be accessed by clicking here and here. You will need to complete all steps on www.athleticclearance.com to complete the clearance process:
1. Start clearance process at www.athleticclearance.com
2. Health History Form: please print the form and fill it out, sign and date it, and upload to www.athleticclearance.com.
3. Physical Form: please print the form; a physician must fill it out, sign it, date it, and stamp it; you must upload this form to www.athleticclearance.com also.
4. Copy of a Health Insurance card or declaration page: MUST include the student's name! You will need to upload this to www.athleticclearance.com as well.
5. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation letter. PRINT and SIGN the confirmation letter and turn it in to the Coach. THIS IS THE ONLY PAPERWORK YOU WILL TURN IN. SAVE ALL OTHER FORMS!
The Athletics Office and the Receptionist at the front desk have printed copies of all of our forms if you need them, and so do many of our coaches. All of this must be completed EVERY YEAR that your student wants to participate in Athletics here at Summit BEFORE he/she can participate in any way.
I look forward to working with your son/daughter in whatever sport he/she wants to participate in. If you have any questions or run into any roadblocks that you think I may be able to help you with, please do not hesitate to email me at PeteRA@fusd.net. For results and updates, follow me on Twitter @SummitSports2. Thank you for your interest in Summit SkyHawks Sports! GO SKYHAWKS!!!
Rob Peterson, M.A., Ed.
Athletic Director PeteRA@fusd.net 909-357-5950 x 15151
Participation in Athletics
The following are the requirements for FUSD's Participation in Athletics. No athlete will be permitted to participate unless ALL requirements are fulfilled.
1. All athletes must be cleared by the Athletic Director before participation. All paperwork (physical, medical history and copy of insurance card) AND online clearance must be completed. All forms are available here.
2. All athletes must have a NEGATIVE COVID test at least once per week and show proof of this at every practice and contest. Free COVID Tests are given here at Summit High School every day. To register to take a test click here.
3. All athletes and at least one parent MUST attend a sport-specific Parent Meeting organized by the head coach. Please make sure you contact the Head Coach of the sport you are interested in and find out when your meeting is. Please do this ASAP. Contact information for Head Coaches is here.
4. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS FOR ANY REASON IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID-19-LIKE SYMPTOMS, NO MATTER HOW MINOR!!!
5. Each athlete and his/her parent must read and sign a FUSD COVID-19 Release of Liability Waiver. That waiver is part of the Online Clearance process.
6. All athletes will have their temperature taken upon entry. Any student with a temperature above 100 will not be allowed on campus.
7. All athletes are encouraged to wear a mask AT ALL TIMES while on campus, except during rigorous exercise. During competition, all athletes not participating at any given time are encouraged to wear a mask. While masks are no longer required, they are recommended and encouraged.
8. ALL PARTICIPANTS will be ENCOURAGED to bring their own water in their own water bottle. Refills will be available.
9. ONLY STUDENT ATHLETES are allowed on campus for practices... no parents, family members, friends, etc. Rides must remain in the parking lot.
10. Any athlete not compliant with ALL of the guidelines will not be welcome to participate. Athletics is a voluntary activity and, in order to make it safe for EVERYONE, no one will be allowed to ignore any of the protocols put in place by the Fontana Unified School District.
11. Game Spectators: At this time there will be no limits on the number of spectators at athletic events. ALL SPECTATORS, WHETHER FULLY VACCINATED OR NOT, WILL BE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR A MASK AT ANY EVENTS, ESPECIALLY INDOORS. While masks are not required, FUSD still highly recommends them.
The FUSD School Board prohibits, at Summit High School or any school or athletic activity, unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying, targeted at any student by anyone, based on the student’s actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, medical information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, immigration status, or association with a person or group with one ore more of these actual or perceived characteristics. To report any violations of the above policy, please visit the Complaints Procedures page for the appropriate administrator. For questions or complaints, contact Equity Compliance Officer: Craig Baker, Senior Executive Director, Student Services at (909) 357-5000, EXT 29194, Craig.Baker@fusd.net and Title IX Coordinator: Linda Young, Director, Certificated Human Resources, at (909) 357-5000, EXT 29045, Linda.Young@fusd.net.
May 31, 2022
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Cross Country Tryouts
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Girls Volleyball Tryouts
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Boys Soccer Preliminary Tryouts
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Sports Physicals
June 1, 2022
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Boys Soccer Preliminary Tryouts
June 2, 2022
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Girls Volleyball Tryouts
Would you like to know everything you need to know about being an athlete, or parent of an athlete, at Summit High School? Click here to read our Athletic Handbook. If you still have any questions, please email Mr. Peterson, the Athletic Director and he would be glad to help!
COACH CONTACT INFORMATION
Our coaches are here for you and your student athletes! Should you need to contact any of our Head Coaches, click on the link at the end of this announcement. You will find the Head Coach for each sport, their email address, and their 5-digit extension to their classroom if they are a teacher here. Please keep in mind that they will not be able to answer the phone if they are teaching. Email is always best! Click here to contact our coaches.
ON CAMPUS SPORTS PHYSICALS
Low cost, on-campus Sports Physicals will be offered at 11:30 AM on Tuesday, May 31st, 2022 in the Gym Hall of Fame. Cost is $15.00 CASH ONLY. ALL paperwork, which is available on this website under the "Forms" tab, must be completed when you arrive.
Our next Physical date will likely be in the second half of June.
In our effort to increase efficiency at the gate for all athletic events, Summit High School is transitioning to digital ticketing through GoFan. Eventually there will be no cash sales for our sporting events. As we transition we won't have all of our events up on GoFan, but certainly events where a large crowd is expected, and ALL CIF Playoff events will involve digital ticketing. Summit has a specific page on the GoFan website where all available games will be listed. Click here to check it out and purchase tickets!
All tickets for ALL CIF Playoff games are now digital, through GoFan. QR Codes will be available at the gate and given to student athletes before each playoff contest. Avoid the line at the gate... buy your tickets in advance! There will be NO CASH accepted for any CIF Playoff event. Click here to purchase tickets!
Summit SkyHawks Sports History
Summit High School opened its doors for the first time for the 2006-2007 school year with Sophomores and Freshmen. This is the history of Summit Sports Programs by season… League Championships, CIF results, and State results:
Football: League Champions 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2021
CIF Semifinalist 2015
CIF Finalist 2010
CIF Champions 2011
Girls Volleyball: League Champions 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
CIF Semifinalist 2014
CIF Finalist 2015
Girls Cross Country: League Champions 2013
Boys Cross Country:
Boys Water Polo: League Champions 2018
Girls Tennis: League Champions 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Boys Basketball: League Champions 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2022
CIF Semifinalist 2010, 2011, 2020
State Quarterfinalist 2010
State Finalist 2011
Girls Basketball: League Champions 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022
CIF Semifinalist 2009
CIF Finalist 2008, 2010
CIF Champions 2012
State Quarterfinalist 2008
State Semifinalist 2010, 2012
Boys Soccer: League Champions 2016, 2019, 2022
Girls Soccer: League Champions 2009, 2011, 2021
Girls Water Polo:
Cheer: CIF Champions 2019, 2022
CIF State Regional Champions 2022
USA National Champions 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022
UCA National Champions 2020
Baseball: League Champions 2019
CIF Semifinalist 2019
Softball: League Champions 2009, 2010
Boys Tennis: League Champions 2013, 2014, 2016, 2022
Girls Swimming: League Champions 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2022
Individual CIF Champion 2021, 2022 (100m Backstroke -- Chelsea Fascio)
Boys Swimming: League Champions 2019, 2022
Individual State Finalist 2019 (50m Freestyle -- Austin Sparks)
Boys Track: League Champions 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Individual State Finalist 2010, 2011
Girls Track: League Champions 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Boys Volleyball: League Champions 2010, 2011