AmeriCorps VISTAs - Valerie Sato and Julia Nunez
AmeriCorps is a federally-funded program. It helps encourage and promote volunteerism all across the United States to help people in underserved, high-poverty areas improve their lives and make a difference. Julia and Valerie are both volunteering as part of the VISTA program. They will not only make a difference in the lives of their peers, but will also learn very important skills that they can carry to the next journey in their lives after the completion of their programs as VISTAs.
The focus areas of our VISTAs include:
- Economic (employment) opportunities for students & the community
- Educational opportunities for members of the community
- Bringing mentorship opportunities at FAS
- Introducing social/emotional wellness opportunities for students of FAS
- Providing mental and physical wellness programs for students at FAS
Valerie is a graduate from the University of Virginia (Class of 2020) and Julia is a graduate of the University of California at San Diego (Class of 2020).