Greetings to our Fontana- FUSD Families -It is exciting to see all of the students on campus and coming into the cafeteria for breakfast and lunch! It is equally exciting for us to be able to serve school meals to all of our students free of charge. As you might expect, we will be serving more students and it may take some time for our students to learn the process and our lines to run quickly and smoothly. To help serve our students their school meal as quickly as possible, we have removed most snack sales from our meal service windows. This is what we call a "cashless" service line which is extremely helpful to speed up the process and we can continue to serve students quickly so that they have less time in line and more time enjoying their meals with friends.
THE FOOD SERVICES DEPARTMENT HAS GONE CASHLESS FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022!
We will no longer be accepting cash at our points of service for meals and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thankfully, all students are able to eat for free.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS?
- If a middle or high school student wishes to purchase a second meal, individual milk, or water, they will need to have money added to their E-Funds account online prior to the purchase. To add money to your account, please click on this link: e~Funds for Schools (efundsforschools.com).
- Additional snack bar items are not available to purchase at this time.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR FUSD STAFF?
- All FUSD staff have new accounts/ID numbers. If you had an account with us previously, you have been issued a new ID number.
- Please check with the Food Services cashier or the Food Services Department (909-357-5160 ext. 29200) for your new ID number.
- If you do not already have an E-funds account, you can create one using your new ID number at this link: e~Funds for Schools (efundsforschools.com).
- If you had an old E-funds account it will still be active, but you will have a new ID Number.
- You will enter this new ID number at the point of sale to purchase meals.
- Any outstanding balance from previously purchased meals will be transferred over to this new account.
- Funds already added to your old account will also be transferred over to this new account.
E-FUNDS is a third-party online payment. Go to E-FUNDS FOR SCHOOLS
MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY AND OUR CHILDREN
The Food Services department’s mission is to promote good nutrition by providing quality meals while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction and promote learning.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Fontana Unified School District’s Food Service Department is committed to providing healthy and well-balanced meals to your children. Our Cafeteria is focused on health, wellness, and good nutrition. We continuously strive to offer a variety of quality food choices in the cafeteria.
Freshly prepared, nutritious lunches will be provided by our food service department. Our program follows the nutritional requirements of the National School Lunch Program. Our program meets the nutritional standards set forth by the Department of Education.
Due to nation-wide product shortages we are currently faced with a challenge of offering certain menu items consistently. Food Services is always in communication with its food and product providers and work tirelessly to bring great quality and volume of product to meet our demands. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
2022-2023 Lunch Menus:
January 2 - February 3, 2023
- JAN 2-FEB 3, 2023 Elementary Supper Menu- English
- JAN 2-FEB 3, 2023 Elementary Supper Menu- Standard Spanish
- JAN 2-FEB 3, 2023 Secondary Supper Menu- Standard English
- January 2- February 3, 2023_Elementary B&L Menu - Spanish
- January 2- February 3, 2023_Elementary B&L Menu -English
February 6 - March 3, 2023
- FEB 6- MAR 3 2023 Elementary Supper Menu- Standard English
- FEB 6- MAR 3 2023 Elementary Supper Menu- Standard Spanish
- FEB 6- MAR 3 2023 Secondary Supper Menu- Standard English
- FEB 6- MAR 3 2023 Secondary Supper Menu- Standard Spanish
- February 6-March 3 2023_Elementary BandL Menu - Spanish
- February 6-March 3 2023_Elementary BandL Menu -English
October 31 - March 3, 2023
- October 31 - March 3 2023_ Birch Cont BL Menu -Standard Eng
- October 31 - March 3 2023_Citrus Cont BL Menu -Standard Eng
- October 31 - March 3 2023_Secondary BandL Menu_Standard Eng
- Catering Menu
- FUSD K-6 Food Sales Decision Tree and Info Handout
- FUSD 6-12 Food Sales Decision Tree and Info Handout
- Online Meal Payment (e-Funds)
- FUSD List of Approved Snacks 21-22
- Wellness Policy
- FUSD Wellness Policy -Spanish
Food Services (909) 357-5160, ext. 29200
Luis Mays, Director (909) 357-5160, ext. 29200
Aimee Raguse, Senior Secretary II
(909) 357-5160, ext. 29200
Kelley Mitchell, Assistant Director
(909) 357-5160, ext. 29207
Liliana Garay, Intermediate Secretary
(909) 357-5160, ext. 29498
Vacant, Nutrition Specialist
(909) 357-5160, ext. 29209
Gilbert Ramos, Production & Catering Coordinator
(909) 357-5160, ext. 15353
Karen Gonzalez, Budget Technician
(909) 357-5160, ext. 29205
Michael Berrios, Electronic Data Analyst
(909) 357-5160, ext. 29489
CalPERS Spotlight on Excellence 2020 | Trieste Huey