We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health and excitement to begin the 23-24 school year. As summer draws to a close, we are eagerly preparing for the upcoming school year to begin on Thursday, August 3rd and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome you and your children to Maple Elementary School for this school year.
At Maple, we strive to create a nurturing and inclusive environment where every student can reach their full potential. We believe collaborative communication is key to a successfully educational experience and the importance of the school and home being collaborative community partners in your student’s success. We consider ourselves fortunate to partner with you in this journey.
For those of you who are new to Maple, we extend a warm and heartfelt welcome. We understand starting a new school can be both exciting and daunting, and we want to assure you that our dedicated staff are here to assist your child in every possible way. We will make every effort to ensure a smooth transition and provide the necessary resources and support to assist your student settle in comfortably.
We wanted to inform you about one important change that will be implemented on the first day of school regarding student safety. All school gates will be closed promptly at 1:30pm each day. This decision has been made to ensure the safety and security of our students during dismissal time. By implementing this measure, we aim to streamline the dismissal process and minimize the risk of cars driving in the parking lot as students exit school grounds.
When time permits, please read over the student handbook so that you are familiar with information ranging from parent involvement opportunities, our Positive Behavior Intervention and Support expectations to encourage positive behavior, school safety and nutrition guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to support you and your child every step of the way.
With warm regards,
Elena Zerbel, Principal
Please take note of the following important items of information:
- Office hours are 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Every student will need a signed Annual Notice and Student Acceptable Use Agreement before they can have FUSD login access (Q Parent Connection).
- Students may arrive on campus for breakfast at 7:15am.
- The first bell rings at 7:40am and classroom instruction begins at 7:45am.
- School ends at 2:20pm on Regular Days (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday)
- Wednesdays are minimum days for grade K-5th grade – school ends at 11:50am
- Students may receive a school breakfast/lunch or may bring a lunch from home.
- Our school telephone number is: (909) 357-5670