Here are our expectations regarding the dismissal and the parking lot after school:
- All parents should enter the parking lot through the west parking lot entrance
- All parents should exit the parking lot through the east parking lot exit by making right turns only.
- Parents who are attending school meetings or picking up kindergarten students should park in a designated parking space or in a legal parking area on the street.
- Parents who are picking up students by car should drive through the pick-up lane with the family number card displayed on the right passenger side of the dashboard.
- Parents in the pick-up lane must remain in their vehicle at all times; it is illegal to park in the pick up lane.
- Parents in the pick-up lane must leave the bus loading area clear at all times.
- Do not create a secondary pick-up lane as this is not safe for students, staff will not release students to your vehicle, and this blocks traffic trying to exit the pick-up lane.
- Do not pull into the upper parking lot to pick up students, this is not safe for students, staff will not release students to your vehicle, and this blocks traffic trying to exit the parking lot.
- Do not double park anywhere, not in the parking lot and not on the street as this is illegal and unsafe.
- If you park across the street from the school, use the crosswalks to access the school and your car. It is illegal and unsafe to "jaywalk" in the middle of the street.
By following these expectations, it will create a safe enviornment for staff, students, and parents. Please note, staff will politely remind parents who are not following these expectations. School police will be contacted by staff when these traffic laws are violated.