FUSD Link to Homepage
About FUSDCalendar of EventsBoard of EducationDistrict OfficeEmployment OpportunitiesBlank
Kindergarten-12th Grade Enrollment
Parent Information
Student Information
Staff Portal
Early Education Programs
Elementary Schools
Middle Schools
High Schools
Alternative Schools
Adult School Programs
After-School Programs

2018-2019 Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment

Time is fast approaching to enroll your Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten student for the 2018-19 school year.

New State Law has changed the age requirement for kindergarten. To enroll your child for the 2018-19 school year, your child needs to be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2018 and live within the district boundaries of attendance. Enrollment packets will be available at all elementary sites and the Enrollment Center, beginning January 9, 2018.  Please adhere to the Kindergarten Enrollment Schedule for your school so we can provide you with the best service possible.

For the 2018-19 school year, Transitional Kindergarten students must be 5 years old between September 2 and December 2, 2018.  Registration for Transitional Kindergarten will be the week of March 19-23, 2018.

Enrollment of Preschoolers for Kindergarten


Even if the student is currently enrolled in preschool he/she MUST enroll for kindergarten.

Students currently enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten DO NOT NEED TO ENROLL FOR KINDERGARTEN AT THE ENROLLMENT CENTER; they will be automatically enrolled in kindergarten in their home school.

Students will be enrolled in their home school based on your current address and the attendance boundary. Find out your home school using our maps or School Locator.

You must adhere to your school's scheduled week for enrollments.

Enrollment Requirements

It's important that you pay close attention to all the requirements needed for enrollment.  Missing some of the requirements could result in a delay and/or having to return to complete enrollment.

  • Parent/Guardian Picture I.D.  Driver's license or CA ID Card, bank ID, passport, company/work ID, government-issued ID with photo.
  • Child's proof of age:  Birth certificate, baptismal record, hospital record, school record, adoption papers/court documents, passport, foster placement papers (if applicable).
  • Proof of address in your name.  Property tax payment, utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt, pay stub, voter's registration, correspondence from a government agency, monthly mortgage statement/escrow papers or lease papers/current rental agreement or rent receipt with name, address, date, phone number and signature of the owner/manager.
  • Immunizations:  You must bring the immunization record with you. Your child MUST have at the time of enrollment all vaccinations needed for Kindergarten. A STUDENT MISSING VACCINATIONS WILL NOT BE ENROLLED.
  • A physical examination is required to enroll in kindergarten.  If your student has a pending appointment for a physical exam, you can enroll by bringing proof of the appointment from your health provider at the time of enrollment, but THE STUDENT MUST HAVE ALL VACCINATIONS TO BE ABLE TO COMPLETE ENROLLMENT PROCESS.
  • If your child is getting immunizations at the same time of the physical exam: You will need to wait until he/she gets all the vaccinations needed before enrolling in school.
  • Oral Health Assessment.  Kindergarten and 1st grade students need to have an oral assessment within 12 months of their first year in a public school.
  • CAIR.  Permission to share your child's immunization record with California Immunization Registry.
  • Special Education.  If your child has an IEP or placement letter from Early Childhood, please bring it with you.
  • Other.  Court papers, Foster Placement, Restraining Orders, and Medical Insurance card, if applicable.

Begin Enrollment Online - Save Time, Save Paper and Help the Environment!

In order to facilitate enrollments, we have added a new feature to our website where you can download the enrollment forms before coming to the Enrollment Center to complete your registration.  Missing some of the documentation for enrollment can result in a delay and/or having to come back again.

We look forward to enroll your child in what would be the First Step to Your Student's Success in the Future.

Important Links

Do you have a question or concern about Enrollment?

Let's Talk! Icon Link to Let's Talk!

Department Contacts:

Central Enrollment Services Recorded Information Line  (909) 357-7600, ext. 29300
  Open Position, Coordinator (909) 357-7600, ext. 29317
  Silma Navarro - Medi-Cal/Healthy Families (909) 357-7600, ext. 29318
  Stephanie Lopez - Transportation (909) 357-7510, ext. 29506
  Central Records (909) 357-7600, ext. 29301
  Health Clinic (909) 357-7600, ext. 29326
  Language Assessment (909) 357-7600, ext. 29320

Happy FUSD Student
SearchSite MapA-Z IndexDistrict DirectoryContact InformationWebsite Accessibility